Job Title: Senior Technical Artist, In-Game Cinematics
Requisition ID: R005698
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a passionate and experienced Technical Artist to join its In- Game Cinematics department. You would be a highly motivated artist who has experience building complex tools in Python. You must have a strong understanding of Python and object oriented programming. They must be attuned to the needs of a game production pipeline and be familiar with dealing with all the challenges that come from it.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We've transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Build and maintain pipeline tools that work closely with game technology
- Work closely with game engineers for determining the technical needs of the show from a cinematics point of view
- Work with Leads and Production staff to prioritize tasks and develop workflows
- Serve as a subject-matter expert and pipeline point-of-contact
- Test new tools and vet workflows before deployment to production
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed
- 5+ years professional experience
- In-depth knowledge of Maya and Maya API
- Expert level Python scripting
- Proficiency in technical problem solving
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with C/C++
- Experience with LUA
- Experience with 3dsMax and MaxScript
- Understanding of Games development process
- Passion for Blizzard Games and Cinematics
Required Application Materials :
- Please provide a PDF resume, demo reel or link to samples of work and descriptive breakdown of contributions.
- Must be willing to complete a programming test
Job Status: Full-time
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment has been rated by Fortune as one of the "Best Places to Work" for several years running (and our ranking continues to rise!). We are a community of 4000 global employees who are passionate about not only gaming, but entertainment and the technology that drives our users experience. Our goal is to delight our customers by never settling for anything but the highest quality and providing worlds filled with creativity and adventure around every corner. You are forward-thinking, engaging, eager to learn and ready to make an impact. We've been waiting for you!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.