Senior Technical Artist - Generalist
Do you have experience with art workflows from shipping multiple successful AAA console and/or PC games and will use this knowledge to assess and improve art development tools and processes? You are someone that can see where the art tools can be in the future and help drive towards that. We want you to work closely with Artists, Engineers, and other Technical Artists to both find day-to-day improvements and achieve long term goals.
Day to day tasks
- Conceptualize, craft, implement, and improve tools
- Communicate across departments (including Engineering and Production)
- Vision to improve art tools and process for the future
- Work closely alongside other Artists to understand and support their needs
- Identify bottlenecks and help avoid or address those with the art pipeline
- 10+ years of experience in game development building art tools for various departments outside of animation/rigging.
- Advanced knowledge in Python is preferred with experience in translating Maxscript/Mel
- Knowledge of content creation software, especially 3ds Max, Maya, and Photoshop
- High skill level of at least one set of Technical Art roles and responsibilities, and understanding of all domains related to Technical Art
- Good communications skills, a phenomenal team-player attitude, and willing to dive deep into anything necessary.
- A demo reel/website link
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Back to top