Senior Technical Artist
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an exceptionally skilled technical animator to join us in developing a character and animation pipeline.
Your charge will be to create rigs and tools for animating a wide range of characters and creatures. You will help guide modelers and animators in the creation of this ensemble, supporting the crisp gameplay and stunning visuals that are hallmarks of Blizzard’s work.
Our ideal candidate has extensive experience rigging on one or more successful AAA console or PC games. We are looking for someone with extensive experience with 3D animation tools, great collaboration skills, and a passion for Blizzard games.
You’ll be part of a team just as excited about making great games as you are, and together we’ll work to create some of the most epic entertainment experiences ever.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience designing, creating and supporting complex character, facial and weapon rigs in Maya and 3DS Max (or equivalent 3D program)
- Extensive experience building tools to improve animation, rigging and / or character pipelines
- A clear understanding of the art production process for different types of assets.
- High level scripting experience with Python (or equivalent scripting language)
- Self-driven, good communicator and a great team-player.
- Previously shipped 3+ AAA PC or console titles in an equivalent role.
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills - workflow issues and scripting, version control systems such as Git, SVN, or Perforce.
- Strong passion for developing games
- Knowledge and understanding of Blizzard Entertainment IPs
- Be a proactive self-starter, looking out for fires and proposing solutions before they become problems
- Skill in one or more related disciplines – illustration, animation, environment, or visual effects
- Only digital applications will be accepted such as a website, blog or online album. Physical media will not be accepted
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top