Senior Technical Artist, Diablo
We Need You
The minions of Hell are growing stronger...
We're working on a new, unannounced Diablo project. Are you a skilled Senior Technical Artist? Come work with us, and together we will build something exceptional.
Our team of talented developers is growing. Our backgrounds are diverse, but we share a real passion for what we do. We believe that if you’re looking for a tight-knit crew that celebrates self-expression and embraces collaboration, we might be a phenomenal fit for you.
Stuff We Will Trust You With
Do you geek out on game engines, tools, processes and pipelines? We think your experience will help make our entire art department better at producing epic content. Your responsibilities will range from writing scripts and crafting tools, to optimizing other artists’ assets and inventing new ways of producing content. We expect you to be comfortable with both doing and showing. As a Senior you’re comfortable tackling the job of being an individual contributor, but also a role model, mentor, and champion for the entire department.
You're a listener and a voracious learner. You thrive in a dynamic environment where every voice matters, and you passionately believe that being proven wrong is just another opportunity to grow and learn. You live to simplify things, and to amplify and improve other people as much as possible, to encourage and enable them to do their very best work.
Oh, also, you really like killing demons and getting loot, right?
Stuff You Can Rightfully Brag About
What will it take to be successful in this role? Well, we’re always looking for people who are game developers first and who can help us become even better than we are today, so these are probably some of your previous achievements:
- Several years’ experience on technical art team(s) in the games industry.
- Thorough knowledge of pipelines and processes used in game art development, from the conceptual phase to implementation.
- Deep understanding of runtime performance and how to scale content for different platforms.
- Extensive experience building tools to improve pipelines across all aspects of game art production.
- Relevant programming or scripting experience, architecting and building tools for artists.
- Able to communicate precisely with programmers, designers, producers and artists alike.
- Self-starter and driver, excellent communicator and an amazing team-player.
- Having worked through an entire production cycle and having previously shipped AAA titles.
How You Will Stand Out
Most importantly, we want to get to know your authentic self. Life’s too short to pretend to be something you’re not (unless we’re talking cosplay of course). That said, we hope you have:
- A strong passion for developing and playing games.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Diablo universe.
- Deep knowledge in writing Shaders.
- Animation and rigging skills.
- A solid foundation in traditional art.
And yeah, you will need these things to apply
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant skills. Only online work submissions, please. (e.g. website, blog or online album).
- Ability to work full-time onsite at Blizzard Entertainment’s HQ in Irvine, California.
- Willingness to complete a test if requested to do so.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Back to top