Senior Technical Artist, Animation
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an exceptionally skilled technical animator to join us in developing a character and animation pipeline.
Your charge will be to create rigs and tools for animating a wide range of characters and creatures. You will help guide modelers and animators in the creation of this ensemble, supporting the crisp gameplay and stunning visuals that are hallmarks of Blizzard’s work.
Our ideal candidate has extensive experience rigging on one or more successful AAA console or PC games. We are looking for someone with extensive experience with 3D animation tools, great collaboration skills, and a passion for Blizzard games.
You’ll be part of a team just as excited about making great games as you are, and together we’ll work to create some of the most epic entertainment experiences ever.
- Comprehensive knowledge of rigging in 3D content creation software, such as 3ds Max or Maya
- Strong technical background and a positive attitude
- Highly self-motivated and collaborative, able to help drive a character from start to finish
- Ability to communicate effectively with animators, character artists, and engineers
- Detail-oriented problem solving ability
- Expert-level knowledge of Python, MEL, or C++
- Keen eye for good model topology
- Experience with technical simulation, such as physics or cloth
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in game character rigging
- Passion for playing and making video games
- Experience with games that use a first-person perspective
- Modeling and animation skills in 3D content creation software
- Knowledge, understanding, and familiarity with Blizzard universes and lore
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter
- Portfolio and/or Reel demonstrating rigging ability
- Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog, or online album)
- An art or tech test may be required
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top