Senior Systems Engineer
Blizzard Entertainment’s global information systems team is looking for an experienced and talented Engineer to lead the continuous development of Blizzard’s internal Infrastructure as a Service offering. The ideal candidate is experienced in the troubleshooting, operating, and designing automation for infrastructure topologies supporting complex and mission critical applications.
This individual will also serve as a key resource on projects, working directly with project managers to implement solutions and complete tasks associated with IaaS initiatives. The position will also perform day to day operational duties and be an escalation point for other support teams when needed. This role requires interaction with other Blizzard support and development teams, therefore strong communication and interpersonal skills are required as well as a desire for delivering great customer service.
- Support our corporate IT compute platform, during business hours and in an on-call rotation
- Serve as subject matter expert for automation and orchestration of infrastructure and applications
- Lead the development of workflows and scripts to support automated provisioning of on-premises and external cloud resources
- Product owner of internal cloud automation platform
- Enhance and augment our infrastructure codebase
- Work with other engineers and architects to refine and market our cloud offering
- Interact with internal customers to identify needs and propose adapted solutions
- Document decisions and solutions
- 5 years’ experience with cloud automation or orchestration platforms (e. g. Puppet, OpenStack, vRealize, Ansible, Terraform)
- 5 years’ experience architecting configuration management systems such as Puppet, Chef
- 5 years’ Experience with complex application topologies (deploying and or maintaining)
- You are familiar with ITIL principles and Agile methodologies
- You care about your work, your colleagues and your team
- You are committed to excellence in customer service
- Proficient with datacenter technologies (storage, compute, networking platforms)
- Proficient with datacenter networking concepts
- ServiceNow experience
- VMware/Hyper-V/KVM Experience
- AWS/Azure/Google Compute experience
- Experience with network automation (NXAPI/ACI/VMware NSX)
- You have a degree in computer science.
- You love video games and other geeky stuff.
- You speak French, Korean, Taiwanese or Mandarin.
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top