Senior Storage Engineer
Blizzard Entertainment’s global information systems team is looking for an experienced and talented storage engineer to aid in supporting Blizzard’s large scale enterprise level storage environment. The ideal candidate is proficient in the troubleshooting, deployment, configuration, operation, and maintenance of enterprise storage infrastructure including EMC and NetApp storage arrays. Individual must also have experience in working with related infrastructure including windows administration, virtualization environments and networking.
This individual will also serve as a key resource on projects, working directly with project managers to implement solutions and complete tasks associated with storage administration and support. He / She will also perform day to day operational duties and be an escalation point for other support teams when needed.
It is key that the candidate obsesses over the customer experience and drive for excellence in their everyday work. This role requires much interaction with other Blizzard teams, therefore strong interpersonal skills and tactful communication are required.
- Support Blizzard storage infrastructure by providing both remote and onsite support through a 24/7 on-call rotation to ensure high levels of storage uptime.
- Maintenance, troubleshooting, and support of EMC, NetAPP and other storage systems, to prevent productivity and data loss.
- Pro-actively monitor enterprise storage infrastructure health both physical and logically.
- Work closely with development, application, and other Blizzard teams to troubleshoot and optimize their applications.
- Participate in development and improvement of storage architectural strategy, monitoring strategy, support strategy, and automation.
- Continual research of innovative technologies to find new and better ways to improve the storage service offerings.
- Document and keep current/accurate operational processes, procedures, and storage topology.
- Experienced in the design, implementation, and troubleshooting of SAN, NAS, and converged systems in a large scale Multi-Petabyte storage infrastructure.
- You are proficient with standard storage protocols (NFS, CIFS, iSCSI, FC)
- Experience with SAN configuration and optimization (i.e.VNX/XtremeIO/NetApp/VMAX/HP 3PAR)
- Knowledgeable on storage network configuration and optimization (FC, iSCSI, FCOE, NDMP).
- Experience in large-scale SAN’s – Zoning, Trunks, LUN/volume management.
- Experience with NAS configuration and optimization (i.e.Isilon/NetApp)
- SMB versions 2.x, and 3.x,
- NFS versions 3, 4.x, pNFS
- NTFS and POSIX permissions and interaction
- Experience working with virtual machines and virtualized infrastructures. (i.e. VMWare, OpenStack, Containers)
- Proficient with a mainstream scripting language (Perl, Python, Ruby, PowerShell, Etc.)
- Familiarity with Object Storage Technology (i.e. ECS/SwiftStack/AWS)
- Familiarity with common SRM systems – experience preferred
- You understand and embrace the importance of communication and documentation.
- You care about your work, your colleagues, and your team.
- You are committed to excellence in customer service.
- Experience with media asset management (MAM) and / or digital asset management (DAM)
- Experience with production/broadcast asset management (PAM) systems
- Working knowledge of Production/Post-Production data management, storage systems and workflows.
- Experience with Enterprise Backup Infrastructures
- You have a solid understanding of systems (Linux/Windows) and their interaction with storage.
- You have a degree in computer science or equivalent industry experience.
- You are familiar with ITIL principles.
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top