Senior Software Integration Engineer (C++), Battle.net Game Service
Blizzard Entertainment has an opening for a talented and enthusiastic Senior Software Integration Engineer to join our Battle.net Game Service (BGS) team!
The Battle.net Game Service team develops the software, services and infrastructure that keeps millions of players online simultaneously worldwide, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. When you login, send a friend request, a whisper or a chat within one of our rich virtual worlds, alongside millions of other players simultaneously, BGS is right there. When you use voice chat, check your profile statistics, or create a new group, in service to our players we are the team that makes those things possible. From Overwatch to Hearthstone, StarCraft 2 to Diablo 3, World of Warcraft to Heroes, regardless of the game, time zone, or scale, BGS is ready to answer the call with effectiveness and professionalism, acting as the central pillar to supercharge all player engagement.
- Work with new and existing game development teams to ensure smooth integration of Battle.net code into their respective products, serving as first-point of contact.
- Manage, maintain, and contribute to the authoring of the Battle.net Game Service SDK.
- Write production-ready SDK sample-code to demonstrate proper use of the Battle.net platform.
- Collaborate with technical writers to enhance SDK documentation.
- Manage and improve the release process of multiple code bases.
- Maintain forks of several 3rd party libraries.
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant professional software engineering work experience.
- Proficient in modern, cross-platform C++ on Windows and Linux.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to collaborate across teams, attention to detail, and a “can-do” attitude.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Aptitude to learn new domains quickly.
- Experience with build processes and pipelines.
- Working knowledge of Mac OS X, iOS, Android, Xbox One, and/or PS4 development.
- Working knowledge of Python, C#, Lua, Java, Go, and/or Swift each a definite plus.
- A passion for both video games, and technology.
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top