Senior Software Engineer (Web Full-Stack), Client
The senior full-stack engineer would enjoy collaborating with user experience designers, graphic designers, and other team members to create epic and efficient applications used by millions of people worldwide. The ideal candidate is aware of Web technology trends, familiar with browser compatibility nuances, writes robust, secure, and maintainable code, and is eager to apply the latest tools and techniques to enable an engaging out-of-game experience.
Battle.net provides the base infrastructure for supporting our customers across all Blizzard products while employing a comprehensive set of APIs. We work on the primary platform that our products use to interact with customers.
We are building a platform that is more scalable, more performant, and more reliable as well as provides unified analytics. We are also enabling new features that can drive significant impact for Blizzard games and customers globally.
The Battle.net client team owns the Battle.net user-facing product vision and execution; we believe that a seamless, personalized experience increases engagement with our games. We develop the engineering framework and user experience that supports all Blizzard games, including account management, e-commerce, social features, the Battle.net desktop application, authentication, and more. As a team of designers, program managers, researchers, analysts, writers, and engineers, we are driven by a singular purpose: to build epic experiences.
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented programming in languages like Java, C++, Objective-C, or equivalent
- Expert knowledge of HTML, CSS, and DOM
- Experience using an MVC framework
- Familiar with HTTP and basic networking concepts
- Experience authoring websites for mobile devices
- Self-motivated, and able to independently identify and implement needed improvements
- A passion for Web development
- Experience implementing high-performance interfaces with HTML5 APIs
- Experience leading a small team and / or major projects
- Contributions to open-source projects or personal projects
- Familiar with the Spring Framework
- A degree in computer science or a related field
- A passion for video games and building a scalable network platform
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top