Senior Software Engineer, Tools (Asset Pipeline) - Shared Game Engine
- Irvine, CA
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer, Tools (Asset Pipeline) - Shared Game Engine
Requisition ID: R003491
Do you enjoy building technology that empowers developers to create epic games? This is your chance to find out! Blizzard Entertainment is developing a modern, cross-platform game engine to share across all of Blizzard and power the future of Blizzard games. You'll join a collaborative team of experienced and highly skilled developers who will work with game teams across the company to deliver a truly epic game engine. Get in early and help shape the future of gaming. Are you in?
We are looking for an experienced tools programmer who is passionate about creating a fast, scalable, and modular asset pipeline and editing experience. Creating shared tools that work well for many different games across many different genres is an incredible challenge, requiring a solid understanding of a variety of development approaches. You'll be making an enormous impact on the organization, and empowering developers to make a variety of great games.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We've transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Design and implement systems to manage content for all of Blizzard's future games
- Work with the game teams around the company to support desired workflows and tools
- Build APIs that other engineers use to extend and augment the asset pipeline
- Own the "full-stack" of the asset pipeline including storage, editing, transformation, and sharing
- Able to communicate and collaborate with developers of all technical skill levels and disciplines
- Advanced knowledge of C++, both historical patterns as well as modern language features
- Understanding of what makes a good API for developers and users
- Service-oriented attitude with an eye for efficiency
- Strong debugging skills
- Experience with Relational Databases (SQL), or Document stores (NoSQL)
- Experience with modern source control systems, such as Subversion, Git, or Perforce.
- Experience with asset pipelines used by other game engines
- Passionate about gaming and Blizzard games
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We've worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!
Back to top