Senior Software Engineer, Tools
- Irvine, CA
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer, Tools
Requisition ID: R001969
Oh ho! You're moving up in the world! The Hearthstone tools team is looking for a fresh recruit to join our talented warband. All the best minions come here. How do we attract them? Two words: Funnel . Cakes ....
... that and the chance to work on a AAA digital card game with millions of players in a fun, collaborative, and technically challenging environment with great compensation and a full range of benefits.
We're looking for a passionate engineer to help shape the future of Hearthstone and level up our diverse menagerie of content creators by evolving their Annoy-o-Trons into Foe Reaper 4000s.
Join the charrrrrge today by helping us buff workflows, craft legendary new tools, and clean up the peanut shells on the floor. Ready to get started? Don't tell the others - I'm rooting for you!
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We've transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Design, plan, write and extend our tooling infrastructure to help Hearthstone hit its ambitious future goals whilst supporting a live AAA game with a frequent stream of content releases.
- Radically improve the lives of Hearthstone developers by burning through years of accumulated tech debt and streamlining suboptimal workflows.
- Be a 'force multiplier' to the team by making the development process faster, safer and easier than it's ever been before.
- Play an active role in helping our DevOps team, root-cause-analyze, solve, and unblock our talented team of designers, artists and engineers.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in delivering production-level code in a professional environment.
- Proven experience implementing tools for large scale game development.
- Fluent in C#.
- Experience with Unity.
- Mentorship of other engineers. Helping others Learn & Grow through code reviews, vision setting, and lesson sharing from prior experiences.
- Proficiency with Perforce, Git or similar version control architecture.
- Experience in extending and improving an established codebase.
- Familiarity with Hearthstone, at least at a casual player level.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Experience writing tooling in & around Unity (strongly preferred).
- Proven experience writing large-scale tools GUIs and editors (preferably WPF).
- Experience writing Python, Lua, or other interpreted languages.
- Experience with MVVM, data binding, and reflection.
- Experience understanding the difference between UI and UX.
- Familiarity with web tooling frameworks (e.g. Angular, ASP.NET and/or React)
- Cross-platform development experience.
- Experience supporting a live service.
- Shipped one or more AAA titles.
- Avid Hearthstone player.
Back to top