Senior Software Engineer, Tools
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an experienced tools engineer to work on a robust first-person engine for an unannounced project. The ideal applicant has an unwavering passion for developing content creation and pipeline tools that enable some of the most talented designers, artists and engineers in the world to achieve the game vision. If you thrive in an environment that values creativity, collaboration and knowledge sharing, drop us a line!
This is a full-time position on Blizzard’s main campus in Irvine, CA.
- Collaborate with artists, designers and engineers to design, implement and improve the tools that maximize their creativity and productivity
- Maintain tools for performance, stability, and error-free operation
- Identify and resolve pipeline issues and discover opportunities for improvement
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in application programming
- Experience and passion for tools development
- Fluent in C# and C++
- Experience using WPF
- Understanding of tools performance, scalability, and maintainability
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Service-oriented attitude with an eye for efficiency and workflow
- Advanced understanding of game content pipeline and tools
- Committed to code quality, documentation, and testing
- Passion for video games
- User interface design experience
- Experience with a breadth of technologies such as source control systems, project generation tools, automation servers, logging protocols, network protocols, UI frameworks, compilers and linkers, cloud services, and distributed systems
- Experience with database technologies – SQL, NoSQL, database design, schema design
- Knowledge of 3D graphics, animation, camera control, and lighting
- Strong debugging skills
- Computer science or related degree
- Familiar with Blizzard games
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top