Senior Software Engineer, Server - Hearthstone
- Irvine, CA
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer, Server - Hearthstone
Requisition ID: R004529
Pull up a chair and join us! Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a talented and enthusiastic software engineer to join the Hearthstone team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for improving service stability with the goal of providing the best possible experience for our players. Blizzard offers a fun, creative and technically challenging environment with excellent compensation and a full range of benefits.
- Be part of the team responsible for Hearthstone's online service:
- Participate in the ongoing effort to improve our high-performance storage technologies.
- Maintain and improve reliability of various services to achieve stability of many back-end services.
- Diagnose and resolve issues in the live production environment.
- Design and implement the server-side components of data intense services.
Champion Blizzard's core values, especially "Gameplay First" and "Commit to Quality".
- Substantial knowledge of relational databases and experience with database performance optimizations (Oracle, MySQL, etc).
- Strong data-structure, logic, and algorithm skills. Preferably with a strong C++ background.
- Experience working in a client/server architecture.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in delivering production-level code in a professional environment.
- Experience implementing and using various metrics-gathering and monitoring tools to support a live environment.
- Experience supporting a live service.
- Experience with non-relational (no-SQL) database such as Cassandra.
- Linux development experiences (server applications, gdb debugging, etc).
- Familiarity with higher level network protocols such as HTTP, SNMP, SMTP and FTP.
- Computer science, engineering, mathematics, or related degree.
- Avid Hearthstone player.
Back to top