Senior Software Engineer, Server
- Irvine, CA
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a talented and enthusiastic software engineer to join our Hearthstone team in Irvine, California. This engineer will work principally on the server platform of the Hearthstone service as part of a talented and passionate team developing a world-class strategy game, enabling the potential of our developers to create insanely fun content. The ideal candidate will have a passion for writing robust, efficient code, and an understanding of the challenges involved with simulating and scaling a networked client/server game. Blizzard Entertainment offers a fun, creative, and technically challenging environment with excellent compensation and a full range of benefits.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Collaborate with fellow team members to develop the server components of the Hearthstone platform.
- Architect systems for performance, stability, and error-free operation.
- Implement server infrastructure changes to support new gameplay and feature fundamentals.
- Improve and support the live service
- 3+ years of experience of server programming
- Strong C++ programming skills
- Some experience with deploying a live service
- Self-motivated and willingness to pitch in on many areas of small game development
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Previous experience shipping game titles or other software
- Linux development experience
- Networking experience in TCP / IP and UDP protocols
- Computer science or related degree
- Database development experience (MySQL, Oracle, etc.)
Back to top