Senior Software Engineer, Server - Classic Games
- Irvine, CA
Some of Blizzard’s most epic experiences that have brought endless hours of replayability and intense multiplayer battles are now looking for a hero to evolve and carry them into the future. Evolving operating systems, hardware, and online services have made it more difficult to share these experiences.
Whether it's battling the Zerg in the Koprulu sector, staking your claim in Azeroth, or saving the battling your opponents in the Nexus, these titans are being modernized to new heights and need a versatile champion to embark on this journey with us to create new adventures. You should be spec'd into engineering talents, passion, and armed with a fierce hunger to modernize technology.
So, if you like wearing many hats, know small teams are the most effective and look forward to challenges that will create millions of new adventures for our players: we would love to hear from you.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to be a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible fully remote options.
- Drive feature implementation from planning to completion for Starcraft Remastered, Starcraft 2, Warcraft 3, and Heroes of the Storm.
- Maintain and grow a production environment in a way that makes the system increasingly stable and resilient.
- Review logs and monitor data to diagnose and fix issues occurring on the live service.
- Liaise with embedded and external teams, create relationships and assist with shared initiatives.
- Participate in service capacity planning, software performance analysis, demand forecasting, and system tuning.
- Respond to and resolve emergent service problems by debugging systems and services.
- Diagnose networking, database and OS related problems.
- Share in off-hour / on-call duties.
- Strong C++ programming skills.
- Familiarity with implementing client/server architecture.
- A mind towards scalability and performance.
- Excellent debugging and diagnostic skills.
- High comfort level working within (and analyzing and improving) an established codebase.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment with a team of highly skilled programmers.
- Familiarity with OS, networking and server design concepts.
- Experience working with public and hybrid cloud APIs/techs.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Passion for video games and highly motivated.
- Previous experience shipping video game titles or other software.
- Linux development experience.
- Database development experience (e.g MySQL).
- Familiarity with Python.
- Experience working with distributed systems.
- Networking experience (knowledge of low-level protocols and high-level protocols).
- Low-level network knowledge and diagnosis including packet capture (e.g., tcpdump, wireshark), routing, firewalls, DHCP, DNS, and NAT busting.
Back to top