Senior Software Engineer (Python/Go), Engineering Systems
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented senior software engineer to help design and code our next generation build and deploy toolchain. This individual will contribute as part of a team of highly skilled software engineers responsible for making it easier for all Blizzard team members to build, test, and deploy our games.
- Create and enhance high quality automated build, test, deployment, and analytics solutions.
- Work directly with engineers from all teams across Blizzard to evangelize, educate, and integrate best-in-class solutions.
- Mentor and increase the expertise of other members of the team, including other senior engineers!
- Experience with Go and/or Python in a production environment
- Experience writing and deploying software using modern industry practices, especially around CI/CD.
- Familiarity and comfort with Linux operating systems.
- Familiarity and comfort with container eco-systems, including runtime, scheduler/orchestration, and registries.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, related discipline, or equivalent experience
- Cover Letter indicating:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard Entertainment
- Why this job appeals to you
- What games you are currently playing
- Passion for video games and online gaming platforms
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Experience collaborating effectively in large multidisciplinary teams
- Experience designing and implementing client / server architecture
- Experience developing distributed systems on a global scale
- Experience with both relational and document database solutions
- Experience conducting performance analysis and optimization
- Experience authoring and executing large scale stress tests
Required Application Materials
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top