Senior Software Engineer - Online Community Health
- Austin, TX
The Battle.net & Online Products organization is home to 300+ super-powered engineers, program managers, and designers focused on the technology that powers Blizzard Entertainment’s games. Whether you’re playing one of our titles, chatting with friends, or just shopping online, B&OP ensures that our players are immersed in engaging, exciting, and secure experiences.
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a passionate Software Engineer to join the Online Community Health organization of Battle.net & Online Products building services to promote and safe and inclusive environments for our Player communities. We are searching for applicants who truly embrace Blizzards' Play Nice Play Fair core value. This position is part of a purpose-built team of engineers, designers and product managers to enhance the capabilities of our Platform used by all game franchises.
This role focuses on server-side engineering and architecture while interfacing with game teams as stakeholders.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Work with a small and talented team to develop scalable, highly performant platform services
- Defining data architecture and supporting various structured data serialization mechanisms for our clients
- Writing both server-side and SDK business logic that allows our clients to enhance the social experience of their player communities.
- Breaking down complicated requirements into clear, actionable tasks that can be estimated and completed
- Writing clean, testable, maintainable code
- Maintaining an open-minded, friendly, and positive attitude
- A solid understanding of CS fundamentals, including algorithms, data structures, and design patterns
- Experience with systems analysis, design, troubleshooting, and debugging
- Solid experience programming back-end web services in an OO language (Java/C#)
- Good understanding of web-related technologies (e.g. HTTP, REST, TCPIP, Message Queueing)
- An understanding of best practices and techniques regarding web scalability, performance, and security
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated with strong initiative
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Passion and believe in Blizzard's Core Values
- Experience with public cloud services like AWS, GCP, etc
- Familiarity with the Spring Framework
- In-depth knowledge of Regular Expressions
- Experience with C++
- Experience working with machine learning
- Experience working in a Scrum environment
Back to top