Senior Software Engineer, macOS/Graphics
Here at Blizzard Entertainment, game development teams are on a quest: bring our dream games to life, and make them as awesome on the screen as they are in our heads. To accomplish that, we need smart, driven people with serious talents. Members of the Heroes of the Storm team are experienced developers and die-hard Blizzard fans who strive to make the most action-packed and dynamic team brawler in the world. We are experts in a bit of everything and our team works to combine all of Blizzard’s properties, game design, and art styles into a single cohesive vision. Our goal as a team isn’t just to defy convention, we want to redefine it.
Our team is currently looking for an experienced graphics engineer to participate in the optimization of Heroes of the Storm for the macOS platform. You will work closely with other engineers, artists, and designers to help improve our graphics technology, and cross-platform development stack. Blizzard offers a fun, creative, and technically challenging environment to complement our full range of benefits.
This is a full-time position at our office in Irvine, California.
- Help develop the future vision and drive the evolution of the engine that powers Heroes of the Storm.
- Bring new ideas and approaches to our rendering engine within the framework of an existing codebase.
- Work with artists and technical artists to offer visual solution support empowering their creativity.
- Advanced understanding of C / C++
- A minimum of 5 years’ rendering programming experience
- Experience working with multithreaded game engines
- Strong passion for graphics programming and algorithms / mathematics (linear algebra, trigonometry)
- Thorough understanding of modern rendering techniques, shader development and graphics hardware and API’s (DirectX 11/12, OpenGL, Vulkan, or Metal)
- Deep understanding of engine performance, scalability, and maintainability
- macOS development experience
- Experience creating or extending reusable engine technology
- Strong debugging skills
- Computer science or related degree
- Passion for technology
- Familiar with Blizzard games
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top