Blizzard Entertainment has an opening for a talented and enthusiastic software engineer to join our Battle.net Accounts & Commerce team!
The Battle.net Accounts & Commerce team develops the services and infrastructure, that houses hundreds of millions of Battle.net accounts, and handles millions of transactions for the StarCraft, Diablo, World of Warcraft, Hearthstone, and the Overwatch franchises, for multiple regions around the globe. Ever wonder how that spectral mount is represented in our Account DB, or what happens when you click buy in Hearthstone for additional booster packs? Curious what happens on a game launch night, where millions of customers attend midnight launches, and rush home to claim a key, and unlock access to games, features, upgrades, and more? Have you added an authenticator or your mobile number to bolster the security of your account? Well, we're the team that provides the Platform, that powers all of those features and more.
We primarily use Java, and technologies like Tomcat, Spring, RabbitMQ, RDBMSs, and more, to deliver a world-class platform for our internal game teams, support team, and web teams. We're an internal hub at Blizzard, and are involved in some fashion on nearly every project and release within Blizzard! We see many high load events, and work on highly scalable infrastructure to meet our project goals!
The senior software engineer will work with a team of talented engineers, to develop scalable and highly performant platform services. The role focuses on server-side engineering and architecture, while interfacing with game teams as stakeholders.
- Solid experience programming back-end web services in Java
- Advanced knowledge of data-modeling and RDBMS development experience
- Good understanding of web-related technologies (e.g. HTTP, SOAP, REST, TCPIP, Message Queuing)
- Experience with integrating third party payment providers
- Experience with systems analysis, design, troubleshooting and debugging
- Excellent communications skills, written and verbal.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent.
- 6+ years of relevant work experience
- Linux experience
- Familiarity with the Spring Framework
- Previous experience delivering easy-to-use APIs to multiple consumers
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!