Senior Software Engineer I
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a Software Engineer to join the Battle.net team in Irvine, California. This engineer can expect to maintain and implement new features for customer-facing websites, including shop and account management web applications.
The Software engineer would enjoy collaborating with user experience designers, graphic designers, other team members to create epic and efficient applications used by millions of people worldwide. The ideal candidate is aware of web technology trends, familiar with browser compatibility nuances, writes robust, secure and maintainable code, and is eager to apply the latest tools and techniques to enable an engaging out-of-game experience.
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented programming in languages like Java, C++, Objective-C, or equivalent
- Expert knowledge of HTML, CSS and DOM
- Experience using an MVC framework
- Familiar with HTTP and basic networking concepts
- Experience authoring websites for mobile devices
- Self-motivated, and able to independently identify and implement needed improvements
- A passion for web development and gaming
- Experience implementing high-performance interfaces with HTML 5 APIs
- Experience leading a small team and/or major projects
- Contributions to open-source projects or personal projects
- A degree in computer science or a related field
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top