Senior Software Engineer, Generalist
- Irvine, CA
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer, Generalist
Requisition ID: R003462
Oh ho! You're moving up in the world! The Hearthstone team is looking for a fresh recruit to join our talented warband. All the best minions come here. How do we attract them? Two words: Funnel. Cakes ....
...that and the chance to work on a AAA digital card game with millions of players in a fun, collaborative, and technically challenging environment with great compensation and a full range of benefits.
We're looking for a passionate engineer to help shape the future of Hearthstone and level up our diverse menagerie of content creators by evolving their Annoy-o-Trons into Foe Reaper 4000s.
Join the charrrrrge today by helping us buff workflows, craft legendary new tools, and clean up the peanut shells on the floor. Ready to get started? Don't tell the others - I'm rooting for you!
- Design, implement and improve:
- Cross-platform frameworks to drastically improve other teams' functionalities and ensure their integration into our pipeline.
- Tools for performance, stability and error-free operations.
- Strive to improve the player experience on all client platforms that are supported by Hearthstone. (PC, Mac, Android/iOS phones and tablets, etc.)
- Debug, optimize and re-architect code to improve quality, reliability, and maintainability.
- Collaborate with other engineers, designers and artists to encourage tight cooperation between disciplines.
- Document and peer review technical designs and code submissions with other engineers.
- Fix bugs, test code or troubleshoot cross-platform problems across the entire Hearthstone codebase.
- Champion Blizzard's core values, especially "Gameplay First"
- Self-motivation and willingness to pitch in on any areas of game development
- Strong, proven programming skills
- Cross platform development experience with C# and C++
- Ability to communicate effectively with artists, designers, and other engineers
- Excellent debugging and performance analysis skills
- Familiarity with Unity, HLSL/GLSL and graphics programming
- Experience creating tools or APIs for artists and designers
- Familiarity with game content pipelines and tools.
- Comfortable working with an established code base
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in delivering production-level code in a professional environment
- Avid Hearthstone player
- iOS or Android development experience
- Professional Unity experience (2018.x or newer)
- Experience with Data Oriented Design (especially Unity ECS/DOTS)
- Experience supporting a live service
- Experience in Objective-C, Swift or Java
- Stay abreast of technology trends and techniques in visual effects rendering as it pertains to real-time graphics engines.
- Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or related degree
- Familiarity with other Blizzard Entertainment products
Back to top