Senior Software Engineer, Gameplay - Unannounced Project (Mobile)
- Irvine, CA
We are looking for a talented mobile developer, who is as excited as we are to create amazing gameplay experiences for our players. If you have a real passion for mobile development and want to participate in the future of Blizzard, we would love to hear from you!
Our team values creativity, collaboration and a commitment to quality and we are searching for like-minded developers to add to our team of talented game makers. Together we will learn, grow, and ultimately enjoy success by developing epic experiences for our players.
You will develop new features and systems for our game, coordinating across disciplines with designers, artists, and other engineers. Everyone on our team is empowered to influence the game direction, and the ideal candidate will have a passion for quality and player experience.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Work closely with designers, artists, and engineers to deliver the vision of the game and ensure we delight and entertain our players
- Collaborate with design on the implementation of features and systems from end-to-end
- Embrace rapid iteration by prototyping core gameplay mechanics with product owners
- Implement client-side UI that meets the requirements of our designers and UI artists
- Support content creation pipelines, tool development, and workflow improvements
- Build performant, sustainable, and maintainable technologies and code
- Ensure game features and systems are scalable, flexible, and simple to use
- Coordinate with server engineers on simulation and network efficiency
- Champion Blizzard’s core values, especially “Gameplay First”
- Strong, proven programming skills (C#, .NET Core and Standard)
- Minimum of 5+ years of relevant professional experience in software development
- Experience with the Unity platform, performance analysis, and code optimization
- Experience with implementing game feature logic in a client/server environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with artists, designers, and other engineers
- Self-motivated and willing to participate in all areas of engineering
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor or master’s degree in computer science, related field or equivalent experience
- Experience with performance analysis and code optimization for mobile platforms
- Previous experience shipping and supporting a Live product at global scale
- Developed software in a cloud hosted environment (AWS, GCP)
- Real passion for mobile games, and / or games industry experience
- iOS and/or Android software development expertise
- Avid mobile gamer
Back to top