Senior Software Engineer, Gameplay - Shared Game Engine
- Irvine, CA
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer, Gameplay - Shared Game Engine
Requisition ID: R002161
How would it feel for your contributions to have a major impact across all game development at Blizzard? This is your chance to find out! Blizzard Entertainment is developing a modern, cross-platform game engine to share across all of Blizzard and power the future of Blizzard games. This new project advances technology both at Blizzard and in the gaming industry. You'll join a collaborative team of experienced and highly skilled developers who will work with game teams across the company to deliver a truly epic game engine. Get in early and help shape the future of gaming. Are you in?
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to help build out gameplay in several areas for the shared game engine.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We've transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
What you'll do...
- Empower other engineers and content creators to build the next generation of Blizzard games
- Leverage your experience and knowledge to develop a broad array of gameplay systems
- Collaborate with content creators and gameplay teams to learn and understand their needs
- Build positive relationships with gameplay teams across Blizzard
- Actively and enthusiastically seek out help, code reviews, and advice
- Mentor other engineers in coding and gameplay system development
To succeed you must have...
- The ability to understand and write effective C++ code.
- The capacity to make frequent, readable, well-tested code commits
- Communication skills for sharing ideas clearly, learning from others, and giving meaningful feedback
- Strong mathematics skills, including proficiency with trigonometry, and linear algebra
- Experience collaborating with content creators (designers, animators, artists)
- Mentorship mindset and excellent attitude to helping others level up their knowledge
You're a great fit if your philosophy is to...
- Commit to doing things the right way, even when it's difficult
- Value diversity and differences in others
- Ensure discussions include every voice that has something to say
- Enable technology that makes games accessible to every person who wants to play them
- Strive to learn from the knowledge and experiences of those around you
We'd love it if you also have...
- Experience with first- or third-person combat systems
- Shipped game titles or equivalent product development experience
- Familiarity with visual scripting languages such as Blueprint or Kismet
- Experience working with or contributing to in-house engine development
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We've worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunities for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!
Back to top