Senior Software Engineer, Gameplay
Senior Software Engineer, Gameplay - Diablo (Irvine)
The minions of hell grow stronger! Our family of diabolically talented developers is expanding. Our backgrounds are varied but we all share a passion for the dark, the gothic, and the macabre. If you value a tightknit team that celebrates self-expression and a multi-disciplinary approach, then join us on the Diablo team!
Candidates should have experience in several of the following areas: combat, AI, multiplayer, user interface, quests, item generation, or other game systems. The ideal candidate should also have outstanding people skills and a longstanding passion for playing Diablo and other games of different genres. The candidate should be excited by the idea of working closely with designers to help create compelling and epic features that will keep players engaged for years.
- Design, implement, and maintain various gameplay systems for the Diablo franchise
- Act as a service-oriented ambassador of engineering to the rest of the team
- Work closely with game designers, programmers, and artists to ensure a great player experience
- Champion Blizzard Entertainment’s core values, especially 'Gameplay First'
- Extreme passion for playing and making video games
- Fluent in C / C++
- A minimum of 5 years’ game programming experience, including experience shipping at least one title
- Experience in the design and implementation of various game systems from start to finish, including game object management, AI / pathing, gameplay scripting, player abilities, UI, FX, database management, or online networking
- Speaks “Designer” fluently
- Self-motivation and willingness to participate in many areas of game development
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- In-depth familiarity with the Diablo franchise, and other Blizzard Entertainment products
- Experience playing and developing RPGs / ARPGs
- Computer science, engineering, mathematics, physics, or related degree
- Experience working with client / server game systems,
- Experience creating and supporting tools used in game development
- Experience with C#
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top