Senior Software Engineer, Gameplay
Members of the Heroes of the Storm team are expert developers and die-hard Blizzard fans who strive to make the most action-packed and dynamic team brawler in the world. We are experts in a bit of everything and work to combine all of Blizzard’s properties, game design, and art styles into a single cohesive vision. Our goal as a team isn’t just to defy convention, we want to redefine it.
We're looking for an experienced Senior Gameplay Engineer.
- Work with Production, Design, QA, and Art on gameplay feature implementation
- Drive stable, high quality implementation within a fast paced release environment
- Coach engineers and technical designers on positive engineering practices and conventions
- Promote the development of clear, engaging gameplay, systems and APIs
- Support improvements to process across disciplines
- Enable designers by creating modular, flexible engineering solutions
- 3+ years of AAA C++ Game Development Experience
- Experience working with designers and other non-engineering disciplines
- Willingness to prioritize work in the face of competing concerns
- Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Familiar with the Multiplayer Online Battle Arena genre
- Familiar with Heroes of the Storm or other Blizzard properties
- Experience with large, mature code-bases with a range of stand-alone and interdependent systems
- Experience maintaining and growing data driven systems functioning in a live environment
Required Application Materials
- Cover letter is optional but should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top