Senior Software Engineer, Game Sites
- Work with cross-functional teams and third-parties to help manage and deliver epic web experiences for Heroes of the Storm, StarCraft 2, and Tespa.
- Break down complicated requirements into clear, actionable tasks that can be estimated and completed.
- Write clean, testable, maintainable, and documented code.
- Maintain an open-minded, friendly, and positive attitude.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a professional web development environment
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working with remote development teams
- Extensive expertise in at least one area of web development, be it back-end, front-end, or building APIs
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services
- A solid understanding of best practices and techniques regarding web scalability, performance, and security
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated with strong initiative
- Able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Passion and belief in Blizzard's core values
- Experience with application containerization, e.g. Docker
- Experience working in a Scrum environment
- Experience using Java / Spring
- Experience using Node.js / Express
- Experience using LESS / SASS, Gulp, jQuery, and other front end technologies
- Experience with Jade, Handlebars, Freemarker, or another web template engines
- Experience working on high-traffic, responsive web sites and applications
- Cover Letter (Optional)
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top