Senior Software Engineer, Features
Senior Software Engineer, Game Features Team
Pull up a chair and join us! Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a talented and enthusiastic software engineer to join the Hearthstone team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for implementing new features for the Hearthstone service as well as the willingness to support those features once they go live to our passionate playerbase. Blizzard offers a fun, creative, and technically challenging environment with excellent compensation and a full range of benefits.
· Work closely with designers, artists and other engineers to achieve the vision of the game and ensure a great player experience.
· Implement the logic (client and server-side) for various features (non-gameplay):
o Some examples of non-gameplay features include:
§ Arena Drafting
§ New Game Modes
§ Adventures and Rewards
§ Card Collection Manager
· Implement the client-side UI for non-gameplay features within the Unity framework.
· Maintain familiarity with Hearthstone’s design.
· Champion Blizzard’s core values, especially “Gameplay First”.
· Strong C++ and / or C# programming skills.
· Experience with implementing game feature logic in a client/server environment.
· Experience with storing and retrieving information from a relational Database (MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL, etc.).
· Experience with performance analysis and code optimization.
· High comfort level extending and improving an established code base.
· Self-motivation and willingness to pitch in on many areas of game development.
· Able to communicate effectively with artists, designers, and other engineers.
· Able to work in a collaborative environment.
· A minimum of 4 years’ experience coding in a professional environment.
· Familiarity with Hearthstone, at least at a casual player level.
· Avid Hearthstone player.
· Previous experience shipping game titles or other software.
· Database development experience (MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL, etc.).
· Unity experience with either the 4.x or 5.x platform.
· Linux development experience (server applications, gdb debugging, etc.).
· iOS or Android development experience.
· Experience supporting a live service.
· Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or related degree.
· Familiarity with other Blizzard Entertainment products.
Required Application Materials
· Cover Letter which should include:
o Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
What games you are currently playing
** Only submissions with cover letters will be considered
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top