Senior Software Engineer, Engine
Veteran programmers, are you ready to bring your passion and talent to join one of the most amazing opportunities in gaming?
Our latest original IP, Overwatch, is a first-person team shooter set in a colorful future with over-the-top visuals and effects. We’re looking for an enthusiastic and experienced engine programmer to join our team to help us write and maintain the code that enables our games to run efficiently while also delivering on our artistic vision and gameplay goals. You will be responsible for developing systems on multiple platforms, working in areas like rendering, memory management, file and network I/O, and whatever else needs to be done to make Overwatch the best experience possible across all of the platforms we support.
We’re an intensely collaborative group, passionate about the game we’re making. If you thrive in an environment that values communication and knowledge sharing, drop us a line!
This is a full-time position on Blizzard’s main campus in Irvine, CA.
- Collaborate with designers, game programmers and fellow engine programmers to develop and refine key systems that will allow the game to run on multiple platforms
- Design and implementation of new development tools for artists, including implementing features in the Overwatch engine across multiple platforms
- Communicate with other departments within the team to improve existing tools and determine new solutions
- Maintain tools for performance, stability, and error-free operation
- Identify and resolve pipeline issues and discover opportunities for improvement
- Advanced understanding of C / C++
- A minimum of 5 years’ application programming experience
- Experience working with game engines
- Strong passion for graphics programming and algorithms / mathematics (linear algebra, trigonometry)
- Familiar with state-of-the-art rendering techniques, shader development and graphics hardware and API’s
- Able to communicate with non-technical users.
- Must love working with Artists.
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment and handling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Service-oriented attitude with an eye for efficiency and workflow
- Advanced understanding of game content pipeline and tools
- Strong debugging skills
- Detailed knowledge of 3D graphics, animation, camera control, and lighting
- Experience shipping multiple game titles
- Interest in workflow automation
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top