Senior Software Engineer, Engine
- Design and implementation of new development tools for artists, including implementing features in the WoW engine when necessary.
- Communicate with other departments within the team to improve existing tools and determine new solutions.
- Maintain tools for performance, stability, and error-free operation.
- Identify and resolve pipeline issues and discover opportunities for improvement.
- Advanced understanding of C / C++
- A minimum of 3 years’ application programming experience
- Experience working with game engines
- Strong mathematics skills
- Advanced understanding of game content pipeline and tools
- Strong experience with 3D Studio Max, Max SDK, and MaxScript
- Passion for tool development and tool chains
- Experience with 3D graphics, animation, camera control, and lighting
- Experience with Maya and MEL
- Experience shipping multiple game titles
- Legendary debugging skills
- Active WoW player
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
- Your experience and relationship with World of Warcraft
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top