Senior Software Engineer (C++ / C#), Features
- Work closely with designers, artists and other engineers to achieve the vision of the game and ensure a great player experience.
- Implement the logic (client and server-side) for various features (non-gameplay):
- Some examples of non-gameplay features include:
- Arena Drafting
- New Game Modes
- Adventures and Rewards
- Card Collection Manager
- Implement the client-side UI for non-gameplay features within the Unity framework.
- Maintain familiarity with Hearthstone’s design.
- Champion Blizzard’s core values, especially “Gameplay First”.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience coding in a professional environment.
- Strong C++ and / or C# programming skills.
- Experience with implementing game feature logic in a client/server environment.
- Experience with storing and retrieving information from a relational Database (MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL, etc.).
- Experience with performance analysis and code optimization.
- High comfort level extending and improving an established code base.
- Self-motivation and willingness to pitch in on many areas of game development.
- Able to communicate effectively with artists, designers, and other engineers.
- Able to work in a collaborative environment.
- Familiarity with Hearthstone, at least at a casual player level.
- Avid Hearthstone player.
- Previous experience shipping game titles or other software.
- Database development experience (MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL, etc.).
- Unity experience with either the 4.x or 5.x platform.
- Linux development experience (server applications, gdb debugging, etc.).
- iOS or Android development experience.
- Experience supporting a live service.
- Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or related degree.
- Familiarity with other Blizzard Entertainment products.
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top