Senior Software Engineer, B&OP - Title Publishing (C++)
- Irvine, CA
Blizzard Entertainment has an opening for a talented and enthusiastic Senior Software Server Engineer to join our Battle.net Game Service (BGS) title publishing team!
Blizzard’s content distribution system services all Blizzard games and many external titles. It is a cross-platform technology that delivers game content to millions of players across the globe. The title publishing service is the backend hub that provides the ability to process, package and upload game data to the CDN.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Develop a new generation of SaaS that powers future content publishing across Blizzard and its partners
- Participate in the ongoing effort of improving performance, availability and security of core services
- Engage internal and external development teams, create relationships and assist with shared initiatives
- Participate in live operation rotation
- Serve as a mentor to junior engineers
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience
- Advanced understanding of C++
- Prior development work on distributed systems and client/server architectures
- Experience with protocol and API design
- Self-motivated and able to break down complex tasks
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Experience creating data and/or build pipelines
- Experience in web development
- Proficient in at least one scripting language such as Python
- Linux development experience (server applications, gdb debugging, etc.)
- Experience with cloud, virtualization and containerization technologies
Back to top