Job Title: Senior Software Engineer, Backend Services
Requisition ID: R004818
Blizzard Entertainment games do not just begin with game ideas, or end once those games are released. A lot more goes into the creation of a Blizzard product than the work of developers-and we support our games for years after they get in the hands of gamers world-wide.
We seek a Sr. Software Engineer to join our Global Insights team to help shape the next generation of personalized player experiences. Our team develops data-driven services to provide engaging experiences to our players. These services power everything from game features to shop content recommendations. In this role, you will be part of the team responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of these services.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We've transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Work with a team of engineers to build large scale data services and features.
- Debug issues in a production environment across multiple levels of the stack.
- Communicate effectively with the team and stakeholders.
- Promote a positive engineering and team culture.
- Experience building backend data services, API's, or Microservices in production environments at scale.
- Experience leading or architecting major new enhancements.
- Strong understanding of web service protocols and best practices.
- Enjoy and have experience building API's.
- Passionate about working with analytics systems and/or data models.
- Passion for gaming.
- Cover Letter preferred
This is the team to join if you are looking to make contributions to multiple franchises or enjoy flexing into different parts of the tech stack. We are currently writing code in Java, Go, Python, Scala (Spark) and are using a variety of different technologies including Cassandra, Redis, Docker, Kubernetes and much of the Google Cloud stack, but value our ability to learn and grow above all else. We work closely with data scientists, game producers and designers as well as game engineers to deliver these exciting player facing features.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We've worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!