Senior Software Engineer, Automation - Shared Game Engine
- Irvine, CA
How would it feel to have your code and tools be a key component of every Blizzard game? Are you an engineer that loves supporting other developers and optimizing workflows? Do you dream of a world where people are free to be creative while the machines handle the grind? Join our Horde!
You will join a team responsible for making a shared technology platform that is being leveraged across Blizzard. We'll partner with various game development teams to create a game engine designed to power the next generation of Blizzard games across a variety of platforms. The Senior Software Engineer, Automation position will be a vital player in this effort.
We are looking for an experienced engineer with a deep passion for automation and developer workflow enhancements. As part of this role, you will work with other experienced automation engineers in developing and designing new frameworks and infrastructure to optimize team efficiency, productivity, and happiness. You will be empowered to identify and solve emergent risks and to influence every stage of the project. Our ideal candidate has worked in automation at the enterprise-scale and enjoys supporting other engineers and building world-class infrastructure.
Come join us today and build something wonderful!
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Write clean, testable code in service of automation framework
- Administer build server clusters
- Create and maintain systems designed to automatically build, test, and deploy software
- Flexibly solve emergent problems using an array of technical and non-technical toolsets
- Support and empathize with engineers from across the development team
- Collaborate with other developers in identifying high value improvement opportunities
- Participate in code reviews and architecture planning
- Mentor other engineers in automation best practices and fundamentals
- Programming language fluency (ex: C#, Python)
- Jenkins (or similar) administration experience
- Excellent communication skills with developers of all disciplines and technical skill
- Passion for creating stable, first-class infrastructure
- Experience working in a collaborative, dynamic team environment and juggling multiple tasks
- Mobile development experience
- Familiarity with automated testing strategies and how to implement them
- Experience with Windows, Linux, or Mac systems administration
- Familiarity with cloud orchestration
- Experience with SCM systems (ex: Git, Perforce, etc.)
- Knowledge of branching and release strategies
Back to top