Senior Software Engineer, Automation
Do your robot armies safeguard humanity from the sadness and frustration of live bugs? Is your idea of a good time reenacting Helm’s Deep by hurling the limitless power of distributed systems and AWS against an unruly back-end stack? Can you expose framerate drop hotspots on a new map with the click of a button? Can you dance like no one is watching?
If so, Classic Games would like to talk to you about an opportunity to wield your powers across multiple universes and game types. HR won’t let us call this title, “Senior Robot Demagogue,” so you’ll just have to live with Senior Software Engineer in Automation.
- Work closely with client, server, design, art, and production to understand how to bring them to heel
- Improve development, art, and QA pipelines via tools development and integration with internal services
- Use open source philosophies to build generic tooling for more than a single product or team
- Break that which seemed solid
- Automate so that future generations might be free from toil
- Master of Automation – surprise!
- A minimum of 5 years’ professional experience in gameplay programming
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Fluent in C++ and Python
- Strong knowledge of C#
- Passion for video games with a strong familiarity in the Diablo, Warcraft, or StarCraft franchises
- Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or related Engineering degree
- Experience with TDD and distributed systems
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter
- Don’t summarize your Resume, we promise we’ll read it too
- Why you are interested in working on Classic Games?
- What games you are currently playing?
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top