Senior Site Reliability Engineer
- Work with program managers, software engineers, and service owners to ensure the reliability, availability, and performance of services.
- Own projects and initiatives within the team, providing peers with technical guidance and direction.
- Participate in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning.
- Solve problems relating to mission critical services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence; with the goal of automating response to all non-exceptional service conditions.
- Identifying underlying root causes and provide recommendations or solutions for long term permanent fixes to critical production issues.
- Develop effective documentation, tooling, and alerts to both identify and address reliability risks.
- Participate in on-call rotation with other members of the Service Engineering team.
- Experience working with Unix / Linux systems from kernel to shell and beyond, with experience working with system libraries, file systems, and client-server protocols
- Able to read / write code fluently in any of the following: C, C++, Java, Python, or Go
- Networking: experience with network theory e.g. TCP / IP, UDP, ICMP, etc., MAC addresses, IP packets, DNS, OSI layers, and load balancing
- Deep understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle; including CI and CD pipeline architecture
- Understanding of cloud orchestration frameworks, enterprise IT service provisioning tools, and their role in IT transformation
- Experience with public and private cloud, including OpenStack, AWS, and AZURE
- Familiar with configuration management tooling such as; Ansible, Chef, or Puppet
- Experience working with container technologies such as; Kubernetes and Docker
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Passion for video games, and / or game industry experience
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top