Senior Server Engineer
- Irvine, CA
Job Title: Senior Server Engineer
Requisition ID: R003000
Here at Blizzard, we pride ourselves on having the passion, drive and creativity to forge amazing worlds and experiences for our players to dive into! To accomplish these epic goals, we need smart, collaborative people with exceptional talents. We are looking for a senior server engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate is passionate about having a voice in high-level direction, collaborating with a small team of engineers, and getting their hands dirty with day-to-day development.
- Drive feature implementation from planning to completion
- Maintain and grow a production environment in a way that makes the system increasingly stable and resilient.
- Review logs and monitor data to diagnose and fix issues occurring on the live service.
- Liaise with embedded and external teams, create relationships and assist with shared initiatives.
- Participate in service capacity planning, software performance analysis, demand forecasting, and system tuning.
- Respond to and resolve emergent service problems by debugging systems and services.
- Diagnose networking, database and OS related problems.
- Share in off-hour / on-call duties.
- Strong C++ programming skills.
- Familiarity with implementing client/server architecture.
- A mind towards scalability and performance.
- Database development experience (e.g MySQL).
- Excellent debugging and diagnostic skills.
- High comfort level working within (and analyzing and improving) an established codebase.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment with a team of highly skilled programmers.
- Familiarity with OS, networking and server design concepts.
- Experience working with public and hybrid cloud APIs/techs.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Passion for video games and highly motivated.
- Previous experience shipping video game titles or other software.
- Linux development experience.
- Familiarity with Python.
- Experience working with distributed systems.
- Networking experience (knowledge of low-level protocols and high-level protocols).
- Low-level network knowledge and diagnosis including packet capture (e.g., tcpdump, wireshark), routing, firewalls, DHCP, DNS, and NAT busting.
Back to top