Senior Security Engineer
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented and motivated security engineer to join its ranks in Irvine, CA.
The ideal candidate will have achieved mastery of their craft having spent time in large scale Linux environments with custom developed applications and services that they were responsible for protecting.
This person must also demonstrate a high level of proficiency in analyzing all aspects of risk associated with various current and future infrastructure designs, with a strong affinity for the Linux and open source ecosystem of tools and technology.
Most importantly, the ideal security engineer applicant has developed a burning desire to protect Linux servers like they were stealthed rogues protected by a paladin’s divine shield, making them difficult to find, and impervious to attack.
- Ensure that Blizzard Entertainment’s Linux systems are secure.
- Perform security and privacy risk assessments on Linux and open source based infrastructure components and designs.
- Design and implement security enhancements for large scale Linux deployments in close collaboration with development and operational teams.
- Investigate incidents and lead response efforts as applicable; identify methods to improve capabilities and preparedness.
- Maintain engineering and security documentation; provide training and awareness to employees at all opportunities.
- Mastery of enterprise Linux-based architectures and security design
- Scripting and automation proficiency (e.g., BASH, Python, Perl, etc.)
- Experience participating in response and forensic investigative initiatives; familiar with the tactics and techniques employed by determined adversaries
- Capable of navigating the pitfalls of authentication and credential security associated with a large enterprise environment; must be proficient in recommending the best courses of action to mitigate risk
- Mastery of knowledge in the various use cases for cryptography employed in the enterprise today
- Solid foundation in network security which compliments your system and server security expertise
- An unrivaled thirst for security knowledge and the desire to evangelize security with all whom you interact with
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience within security engineering focused roles in medium to large scale enterprises, and a minimum of 8 years’ experience in enterprise IT Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent applicable experience
- Outstanding communications capabilities
- CISSP or equivalent security certifications
- Passion for video games and most importantly, safeguarding them!
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top