Senior Risk Analyst
- Irvine, CA
Battle.net & Online Products
Job Title: Senior Risk Analyst
Requisition ID: R003964
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a highly motivated and experienced individual to join its risk operations group. The group's duties include fraud mitigation, research into game exploitation and hacking and ensuring game integrity and account security for all of Blizzard Entertainment's online games.
- Find and prevent fraud and exploitation by reviewing accounts and transactions.
- Identify trends and patterns, summarize key findings, and recommend anti-fraud and game integrity processes and system enhancements.
- Manage and respond to escalations from internal and external parties within designated service levels.
- Collaborate with cross-functional groups such as product development, marketing, finance, quality assurance (QA), and customer service to enhance tools, system functionality, and fraud detection methods while increasing automation and providing a better experience for our users.
- Educate internal and external parties on fraud and security issues in online gaming.
- Take initiative to start, manage and maintain high profile anti-fraud or anti-cheat projects from start to end
- Mentor Associate Risk Analysts and Risk Analysts
- Work with the Risk Managers to identify training needs for the Risk Analysts as well as organize corresponding trainings
- Cooperation with Risk Management, Payment Analytics Managers and Risk Project Leads on KPIs and reporting
- Contribute to the anti-fraud and/or anti-cheat community
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in the fraud prevention / game integrity fields
- Knowledge of current trends in online security space
- Strong written and verbal communications skills in English
- Bachelor's or equivalent work experience
- Passion for video games
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of *nix operating systems
- Strong self-learning abilities
- Knowledge of programming in python, perl or other languages
- Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Cognitive Sciences, Industrial and Operations Engineering or related discipline
- Experience with software engineering or scripting
- Foreign language proficiency
- Knowledge, and / or experience in internet, web-research, fraud investigation, risk management, advertising, and / or e-commerce
Back to top