Senior Reliability Engineer (Events)
The Overwatch team is looking for a Senior Reliability Engineer to support live events. The ideal candidate is passionate about Overwatch and/or eSports, and ready to work with several teams to support and refine our live event process. Day-to-day activities will include gathering details about upcoming tournaments, working with our Quality Assurance team to get a perfect build, and traveling to the event location to work with the events team. Mastery of Linux, in depth networking knowledge and a heavily process oriented approach are the keys to success for this role.
- Liaise with embedded and external teams, create relationships, share knowledge, and drive our initiatives forward.
- Review, build and deploy our product to live and non-live environments.
- Respond to emergent service problems by debugging systems and services.
- Coordinate the efforts of internal and external parties to resolve event issues including determination and documentation of root cause.
- Contribute to SLAs, both for our services and services we depend on from other teams.
- Look for opportunities to improve and document our reliability processes.
- Provide training and mentoring for reliability engineers.
- Create tools/toolkits to help improve service reliability.
- Diagnose networking, database and OS related problems.
- Willing and able to travel to support live events.
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant work experience, including with Linux systems and tools.
- Hands-on experience in analyzing, and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Curiosity & tenacity to fully diagnose why something went wrong.
- Exceptional deductive reasoning skills.
- Familiarity with OS, networking and server design concepts.
- Experience working with Hybrid and public cloud APIs/tech.
- Familiar with an administrative language, such as Python.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- A degree in computer science, or a related field.
- Experience in C / C++ and using native code debugging tools.
- Knowledge of Devops practices and principles.
- Aptitude to learn new domains quickly.
- A passion for video games, eSports, and technology.
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top