Senior Public Relations Manager - Diablo
- Irvine, CA
Job Title: Senior Public Relations Manager - Diablo
Requisition ID: R003388
Blizzard Entertainment seeks a seasoned global senior public relations manager to play a leading role in shaping the global communications program for the Diablo franchise. We are looking for a focused, detail-oriented person who multitasks efficiently, excels in a deadline-driven environment, communicates concisely and clearly, and can adjust and advocate for their perspectives among other stakeholders with varying levels of PR insight.
The ideal candidate has at least eight to ten years of experience in-house at a gaming company or at an agency, has managed an international or multi-market program, and either is a Diablo player or has worked on action-RPG titles across PC, mobile, and/or console platforms. Strategic thinking and demonstrated experience working with the latest communications methods and tactics are musts. Candidates should be flexible, motivated self-starters who can adapt quickly to changing factors while staying focused on the objective, and work independently while contributing to the goals of the overall Blizzard communications program.
The global senior PR manager will be responsible for the development of the franchise's global PR & communication strategy. The role will work closely and collaboratively with the broader global communications team, global publishing, the franchise development team, North American and regional PR managers, and agencies to support franchise priorities and goals. This includes but is not limited to developing a robust global communications plan, managing activities that promote the franchise, managing asset and build creation, global PR reporting, and working with global media and influencers. Global PR managers play a key role in advising the development and senior leadership teams, and their success will be measured by the franchise's global PR performance.
- Draft, present, and maintain detailed global PR plans and strategic communications points of view-lead discussions and coordinate efforts around milestone timing, strategy, and tactical execution.
- Be a trusted advisor in discussions around overall brand positioning, comms pillars, tone, content strategy; communicate PR needs and concerns as necessary to ensure global franchise publishing, development team, company executives, comms leadership, and other stakeholders have a timely and clear view of opportunities and challenges.
- Develop franchise-level PR goals, strategies, KPIs and program roadmaps, and manage the execution of game publicity through pre-launch, launch, and post-launch phases.
- Effectively prioritize high-impact initiatives and opportunities, mapping back to team/franchise goals.
- Collaborate with and fulfill requests for Blizzard's local and international PR teams and agencies.
- Establish a regular method of efficient info sharing, gathering, and dissemination from/to/among global publishing, development team, and local and regional PR partners.
- Manage day-to-day activity of PR coordinator or associate PR manager provide feedback to and suggest reward and recognition of staff, and help optimize their productivity and quality.
- Identify PR opportunities beyond the status quo, developing and securing larger trend/franchise stories over time.
- Distribute and follow-up with media on major announcements, opportunities, and established pitches.
- Book media for tours, milestones, launches, and other events.
- Support media training and staff interviews and demo content to press as needed.
- Book and staff speaking opportunities.
- Conduct ongoing media interaction to flag trends and opportunities and foster positive relationships.
- Handle all franchise development team spokesperson and event build requests for global and regional PR events; ensure corresponding developers, plus HQ and regional IT and QA teams, communicate effectively, and meet deadlines and deliverables.
- Manage global franchise assets (screenshot, videos, digital codes, etc.) requests and oversee regional PR asset requests.
- Serve as the primary partner in the creation of media materials including pitches, press releases, media blasts, fact sheets, FAQs, etc.
- Monitor, report on and manage performance in terms of deliverables, quality, and efficiency.
- Develop strategy and reactive messaging for global crises in addition to creating plans that identify and address emerging challenges/issues that may affect global regions.
- Develop and lead occasional cross-franchise/teamwide projects and/or highly complex franchise campaigns and initiatives that deliver excellent results.
- Travel domestically and internationally as required.
- A minimum of 8-10 years' experience in PR with a significant portion in gaming
- Strategic thinker with a global program management background, and a proven track record of results
- Team player, able to balance and blend various department needs and views into effective PR strategy and work with other teams to complement and support each other's plans and objectives
- Experience working with and pitching stories to the media
- Able to quickly compose and edit a variety of creative and business-oriented texts that meet company standards, on deadline
- A modern communicator with interest and experience in leveraging integrated campaigns
- Experience working with global leadership and coaching local and regional teams and agencies to translate global goals into actionable regional strategies
- Possess excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills, while maintaining an ability to always stay focused on the work at hand
- Able to confidently communicate about Blizzard products with the press and public
- Demonstrated insightful understanding of the needs of the business, marketplace, audience, and media environment
- Extremely detail-oriented and driven to consistently meet deadlines
- Able to organize thoughts and make decisions under time constraints and full workload
- Strong relationships with major media outlets
- Good presentation skills
- Very organized with excellent time-management skills
- Crisis-management experience
- Bachelor's degree in public relations, marketing, journalism, or business, or equivalent work experience
- Experience in managing other PR professionals
- Experience working on games across multiple platforms
- A passionate gamer
- Experience playing Diablo
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard/on Diablo
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submissions with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We've worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!
Back to top