Senior Project Manager - Overwatch
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a veteran project manager to join its Korea team as the senior project manager for Overwatch.
The senior project manager will be responsible for Overwatch franchise in Korean market and will need to work closely with the US Headquarter in Irvine while stationed in Korea.
The ideal candidate will have strong level of ownership and loyalty to Overwatch franchise and also should be a master of inter-departmental communication.
Game Industry experience is highly desirable along with strong skills at project management, business casing, communication consolidation and sufficient understanding on related technology.
- Be the master of the communication between Korea and the US HQ for both business operation and live operation issues.
- Communicate, collaborate, and coordinate with functional organizations in Korea to ensure that issues are given visibility and that support is in place as needed.
- Manage project plans and initiatives across the functional organization in a dotted-line fashion, collaborating with each function to ensure that functional plans support the needs and objectives of the project.
- Write business cases to communicate complex issues with US HQ with strong sense of logic and business intelligence gathering capability.
- Organize and drive meetings with various functions to solve problems and improve the franchise performance.
- Proactively anticipate, identify, and troubleshoot issues, and ensure that plans are put in place and executed to provide timely resolution.
- Develop a weekly report to update management on the status of current projects.
- Maintain project schedules, and monitor milestones.
- Ensure smooth day-to-day operation.
- Provide insight to the organization by analyzing and interpreting the key performance data and information.
- Ensure that resource requirements are anticipated in advance in order to be in place when needed.
- Bachelor degree
- Fluent in English and Korean; both written and spoken
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in the game industry or A minimum of 10 years other industry(technology preferred) experience
- Strong analytical and presentation skills
- International business experience, and intercultural communications skills
- Self-motivation and initiative – Finds things that need to get done and sees through
- Able to communicate effectively and collaboratively with departmental, regional, and global leads
- Willing to travel
- Love for Overwatch
- Outgoing personality and attitude to understand other people’s mind or situation
- Passion for video games (especially Blizzard Entertainment titles)
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top