Senior Project Manager
Overwatch League is a global, world-class esports ecosystem designed from the ground up to ensure that teams and players can thrive for years to come, and that their fans have the best experience possible. Overwatch League melds Blizzard’s experience in esports with best practices of time-honored traditional sports. We’ll be launching Overwatch League in 2017.
We’re seeking a highly organized individual with outstanding communication and organizational skills to project manage a wide range of initiatives for the Overwatch League. The ideal candidate has prior experience in AAA game development, esports production or traditional sports operations. They should have a keen knowledge of how cross-discipline teams operate and interact successfully.
Self-direction and follow-up skills are a must, as well as the ability to anticipate issues and find effective solutions. The candidate must enjoy seeing a project from inception to completion and delivering on time with the highest quality.
- Define project objectives, schedule, resource requirements, budget and deliverables in support of goals established by the Overwatch League.
- Responsible for the creation and distribution of complete project plans, related documentation, and reporting requirements to stakeholders.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, and requirements documentation, along with risks, roadblocks and contingency plans to project stakeholders.
- Liaise with different departments to facilitate communication and execution.
- Coordinate, track, and manage the activities of personnel to ensure that project tasks are completed on time.
- Provide motivation and direction to ensure that project goals, objectives, milestones, and deliverables are achieved.
- Facilitate team and cross-department meetings to reach decisions effectively.
- Contribute to a positive work environment and ensure forward momentum.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in AAA game development, esports, organized play, sports organizations management, or related field
- Strategic thinker with strong leadership, management and communications skills
- Possess excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills, while maintaining an ability to always stay focused on the work at hand
- Experience tracking a complex project and providing insight and influence into how to deliver more effectively
- Strong project and people management skills with an understanding on how and when to motivate
- Demonstrated ability to keep a project team focused and on track in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication and presentation skills, with the ability to work with other members across the organization
- Able to organize thoughts and make decisions under time constraints and a full work load
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Experience with formal project management methodologies
- Passionate player of videogames, particularly Blizzard Entertainment games
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Overwatch League
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top