Senior Program Manager-IT Events
Blizzard is seeking a high performing, driven Senior Program Manager to join the IT Events Organization. You will be a critical member of a dedicated team focused on engineering, building and delivering the technology that powers Blizzard Events and Esports across multiple locations. You’ll be joining the team focused on engineering, building and delivering the technology that powers Blizzard Events and Esports.
The ideal candidate is a highly organized individual passionate about delivering flawless experiences across events ranging from local tournaments and studio productions, to epic scale events like BlizzCon. As a Senior Program Manager in this role, you will serve as the main IT point of contact for all teams associated with the studio. You will work towards optimizing and refining IT processes and solutions for our tournaments and broadcasts and support the teams and infrastructure in the studio. You will manage multiple complex projects and be deeply familiar with all activity across your program area. You will partner with the rest of the IT Events and Corporate IT organizations to organize, prioritize and execute work. Excellent communication skills, collaboration skills and strong ability to adapt to shifting priorities are critical. If this sounds like you, we look forward to hearing from you!
- Mastery of tools and processes available to successfully run a project/event.
- Ability to identify order of importance and urgency among individual projects, portfolios and other tasks.
- Timeliness: Communicates well in advance to allow proper preparations.
- Accountable for committing to accurately delivering against stakeholder needs.
- Partner engagement: Understands when to engage, who to engage and the appropriate method for the circumstances.
- Produce effective results: Ensure project goals, objectives, milestones and deliverables are achieved on schedule.
- Assume accountability of tracking, monitoring, removing roadblocks and reporting for assigned program area. Delivering high quality service to stakeholders.
- Drive continuous improvement within designated program area. Always thinking about how to optimize, refine, and do more with less.
- Drive service availability: Drive the post incident process.
- Actively mentor less senior members of the team.
- Planning project milestones/tasks, schedules and resources.
- Communicate schedules, updates, status, major decisions, risks and blockers.
- Requirements gathering: Includes appropriate stakeholders to properly collect comprehensive requirements.
- Facilitate or create appropriate project documentation. Define and socialize standards.
- This position will be based in Burbank and requires some travel.
- Prior live event broadcast experience.
- Minimum 5 years of Project Management or Program Management experience.
- Expert knowledge of Project Management methodologies.
- Strong Leadership.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Mastery of Atlassian product suite.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification.
- Scrum Master Certification.
- MS Project Certification.
- Passion for video games.
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top