Senior Program Manager, Shared Game Platform
Working on one Blizzard game is great! Having the chance to work on multiple games all at the same time – that is awesome!!! And that is exactly what you get to do if you come join our brand-new team responsible for making shared technology that will be used across Blizzard!
Battle.net handles many projects that are not tied to specific games but shared among all Blizzard games past, present, and future. In other words, we are at the center of all Blizzard’s epic entertainment experiences. We have started a new group within Battle.net that will initially partner with various game teams to produce a server platform that enables games teams to make games quickly.
This position will help define and execute the vision for a shared game platform. You will interact with senior technical leaders and engineers for various games as well as senior managers within Battle.net. Our ideal candidate is a seasoned program manager with the right balance of technical and interpersonal skills.
We are super excited to get our efforts moving forward. This team will be making an enormous impact, so if being a part of this sounds exciting to you, drop us a line!
- Voice of the customer - Understand what our customers (and competitors in some cases) are doing. Analyze these to come up with features that will improve customer experience and increase adoption.
- Vision and roadmaps – Define a clear and concise vision and roadmap for the product as well as defining priorities and measurements of success.
- Schedules and execution – Develop schedules and own execution of plans. Anticipate issues, roadblocks and make tradeoffs as needed to balance customer needs, business requirements, and technical constraints.
- Visibility and transparency - Communicate project status and roadmap to various audiences including risks, mitigations, and contingency plans.
- Share and share alike - Champion continuous improvements to our efforts by learning from other teams and their processes as well as share our own best practices over time to maximize process efficiency and effectiveness.
- Approximately 4+ years’ experience as a program manager, product manager, or similar working on platform products
- Experience simultaneously running multiple projects through the full software development life-cycle
- Experience collaborating with multiple teams, disciplines, and stakeholders
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related studies is highly preferred
- Experience working with game engines a plus
- Experience shipping games and/or software products is a win
- Experience with different project management methodologies (e.g. waterfall, agile, hybrid, etc.)
- Passionate about gaming and Blizzard games
- Passionate about building things that people love
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top