Senior Program Manager – QA Engineering Tools
The concept of “Blizzard polish,” that is, the infinite care and loving detail put into every aspect of our games, is something we take seriously and pride ourselves on delivering to our players. It’s a responsibility shared across the company – and its undisputed heart and soul is Blizzard QA. We’re searching for like-minded folks with a passion for QA to help us continue to deliver unforgettable gaming experiences for years to come. Blizzard QA is a close-knit team; we care about iteration, problem solving, and succeeding as a group. We genuinely love what we do for a living, and expect the same from everyone who joins us! If your career is ready for its next great challenge, get in touch and let’s get to work! We have a Senior Program Manager position in our QA Engineering Group waiting for YOU!
Blizzard’s QA Engineering team is focused on the creation and evolution of tools and defect management technology within the QA and Localization departments that directly impact the business. We value program managers who exhibit exceptional creativity, strong communication skills, the ability to think quickly, excellent problem solving skills, and a passion for delivering amazing software and entertainment experiences.
We are specifically looking for a Senior-Level Program Manager with an in-depth technical background assessing and implementing testing tools.
- Develop Vision & Roadmaps - Help define clear and concise focus areas by identifying the
desired business outcomes, priorities to improve and defining measurements to achieve this goal. Develop and guide the roadmap to set priorities to lead the evolution of QA and Localization tools with a focus on optimization.
- Streamline Processes – Identify and document best practices that our teams rely on to release with the highest quality and on schedule. Ensure the best agile practices are being applied to the software development cycle. Champion continuous improvements to maximize process efficiency and effectiveness.
- Own Schedules – Develop schedules and own all commitments and operational plans. Anticipate and make tradeoffs to balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
- Provide visibility - Communicate project status and roadmap to varied audiences. Train employees/create new operational procedures
- Strong understanding of, project management and product management principles and methodologies
- Demonstrated experience working with engineering tools
- Unyielding passion for technology, gaming and progress
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience as a program manager, product manager, or similar function
- Experience simultaneously running multiple projects through the full software development life-cycle
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills
- Highly organized
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability for exceptional communication, strong interpersonal skills and a love for collaboration but also have a proven track record of being able to work independently
- Desire to be an expert that others can learn from
- Willingness and experience mentoring other engineers or program managers
- Scrum Alliance Certifications (CSM, CSPO, CSP, etc.) or PMI Certifications (PMP, ACP, etc.)
- Experience implementing, championing, and working with Agile development methodologies
- Application programming experience
- Management or mentorship experience
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top