Senior Program Manager, Games Service
With millions of visitors per month from over 230 countries, Battle.net is a massive, global destination. We are looking for a passionate and skilled Program Manager to join our fast-paced development team to help us build the ultimate platform for online entertainment and to inspire gamers through the creation of the world’s best online game platform which enables them to engage in Blizzard’s legendary fantasy worlds.
The Battle.net group handles many projects that are not tied to individual games, but shared among all of Blizzard’s games past and future. This position will help define and execute the vision for various engineering systems, engineers, and game team stakeholders. You will interact with senior technical leaders and engineers for all games at Blizzard as well as senior managers within Battle.net. Our ideal candidate is a seasoned product or program manager. Prior experience managing large, complex, multi-year projects, the right balance of technical and soft skills, experience with large scale complex online services, a passion for building great services end-to-end, the organizational skills to drive quality across complex organizations, and the ability to partner with many different types of people.
In Battle.net, we do not make games, but we are an integral part of every game that Blizzard makes. We provide gamers with the unified, cross-game experiences that connect the Battle.net community, and the platform that enables and supports Blizzard’s games. Does the idea of being at the center of all Blizzard’s epic entertainment experiences spark your passion and imagination? If so, we might be looking for you.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Deliver key platform features or enhancements to existing systems, owning the complete lifecycle from while working closely with partners across all of Blizzard.
- Act as product owner for components of the platform to ensure that features address business needs and are developed on time.
- Balance competing requirements and dependencies with internal and external teams.
- Drive change management process to capture change requests, communicate impact, request stakeholder decisions, and execute changes if applicable.
- Author critical program management specifications, roadmaps and related deliverables.
- Own and drive internal and external partner relationships with key stakeholders.
- Become a deep, functional expert in building a world class gaming service
- Approx. 3-5+ years’ experience as a Program/Product Manager, or similar working on widely used customer-facing products or web applications
- Experience simultaneously running multiple projects through the full software development life-cycle
- Experience implementing, championing, and working with Agile development methodologies
- Experience collaborating with user experience, design, marketing, and engineering teams
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related studies is highly preferred
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top