Senior Program Manager, Content Platform
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a seasoned Senior Program Manager to add their skills and vision to our Content Platform, the system that powers news, patch notes, comics, and content-sharing across dozens of Blizzard websites, mobile apps, and internal systems.
If you’re the ideal candidate, you’re an excellent facilitator of relationships, as comfortable diving into complex conversations with rooms full of stakeholders as you are engaging one-on-one. You have strong day-to-day product management experience, and the technical and design knowledge to empower passionate engineers and designers to do their best work. You’re excited to refine our asset management strategy, research (and present on) use cases, and contribute to technical specifications. Most importantly, you understand that good platform solutions don’t just solve individual problems; they address multiple broad issues all at once.
The Content Platform team is a group of honest, fun-loving, iteration-focused folk who don’t take ourselves too seriously. We’re looking for candidates who are equally curious, eager, and future-thinking. Our work is at the forefront of Blizzard’s digital content collection and aggregation efforts. We need you to help make our dreams into a beautiful reality!
- Manage the overall lifecycle of Content Platform products within the portfolio, envisioning, evangelizing, and implementing a strategy for products in cooperation with team leads and key partners
- Act as primary point of contact and relationship manager, aligning development efforts across multiple Blizzard teams to successfully release new products
- Provide motivation and direction to ensure that we clearly communicate and achieve project goals, objectives, milestones, and deliverables
- Gather, document, and organize business, functional, and any creative requirements for new projects from project partners
- Gather estimates from resources and create project documentation (scope document, requirements document, work breakdown structure)
- Track and analyze platform performance, and contribute your findings to business decisions
- Follow change management process to capture change requests, communicate impact, request partner decisions, and execute changes if applicable
- Work with other program managers to plan effective capacity utilization
- Coordinate, track, and manage the activities of project team members to ensure that project tasks are completed on time, within scope, and at acceptable quality
- Contribute fairness, responsibility and positivity to the team’s work environment
- Train and mentor other Web & Mobile team members
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5 years’ experience working in web site, web platform, and/or mobile application development as a program manager or product manager
- Experience managing large teams and multiple projects
- Talent for risk assessment and management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Reliable understanding of software development processes, project management methodologies, and performance management
- Self-motivation and strong initiative
- Curiosity about new technologies, process methodology, and online communities
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic work environment
ABOUT WEB AND MOBILE
Blizzard’s mission is to create the most epic entertainment experiences ever made. To help achieve that goal, the Web & Mobile team delivers websites, mobile apps, and other digital experiences that bring together millions of people from around the world, from first-time users to hardcore fans. We work in an open, diverse, inclusive and family-friendly culture, where we focus on inviting players to discover and explore our games, and provide them with a platform to connect with their friends and bond with Blizzard gamers all over the globe.
We’re looking for highly-skilled applicants to help us create online content that is beautifully designed, well-engineered, informed by solid research, and—of course—exciting and useful to our players!
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top