Senior Program Manager, Commerce Platform
Battle.net is seeking a talented, passionate, and skilled Program Manager to extend our ecommerce platform to support innovative new business models. This position will own defining and executing the vision for key parts of the blizzard back end gaming platform. You will interact with B2B customers, technical leaders, international stakeholders, and our game teams to launch features that enable Blizzard to responsibly fund our games.
Blizzard Entertainment has been rated for several years by Fortune as one of the "Best Places to Work". We are a community of 4000 global employees who are passionate about not only about gaming, but entertainment and the technology that drives our users experience. Our goal is delighting our customers, and providing a world of creativity and adventure around every corner.
Our Battle.net organization is home to 250+ super-powered, crazy-smart engineers, program managers, and designers focused on the technology that powers and enables our games. Whether you’re a first timer or a loyal regular, Battle.net ensures that while playing Blizzard’s games, or interacting socially with friends or purchasing from our extensive e-commerce offerings, that our players are immersed in an engaging, exciting, and secure experience.
Our ideal candidate has comprehensive knowledge of concepts, principles, practices, and procedures in a professional software development environment and background in operating live systems, environments, build systems, and deployment technologies. They are tenacious in their pursuit of efficiency and availability, and are able to thrive in a highly critical environment.
- Be the expert in new gaming business models, and develop and share a thorough understanding of game, business, and player needs
- Craft and evangelize a product vision and roadmap
- Document and organize business, functional, technical, and creative requirements for new features.
- Provide motivation and direction to ensure that project goals, objectives, milestones, and deliverables are achieved.
- Develop schedules and own execution of plans. Anticipate issues, roadblocks and make tradeoffs to deliver a quality product.
- Help your customers overcome operational support have success through your product
- Able to succeed in a chaotic, undefined environment
- A minimum of 6 years experience as a program manager or product manager, building world class platforms and services
- Strong interpersonal skills and a love for collaboration
- Demonstrated success in delivering large projects across multiple organizations
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative; enthusiastic "can-do" attitude is a must.
- Some travel required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience building out production infrastructure of an ecommerce platform that serves millions of customers daily.
- Expertise in JIRA, Confluence, or comparable team collaboration applications.
- Scrum Alliance Certifications (CSM, CSPO, CSP, etc.) or PMI Certifications (PMP, ACP, etc.)
- Demonstrated passion for games
Required Application Materials
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top