Senior Program Manager
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented and enthusiastic senior program manager to join our web services team in Seoul, South Korea.
The ideal candidate must have prior experience with web service development, and have keen knowledge of project management in addition to insight of the game industry. Self-direction and follow-up skills are a must, as well as, the ability to anticipate production issues and skill to find effective solutions. This person must enjoy seeing a project from inception and deliver web & mobile features/services on time with the highest quality.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Act as a project leader and champion a consistent and organized process.
- Manage the daily tracking of all tasks and ensure that schedules are maintained and adjusted accordingly.
- Communicate frequently with cross teams in Korea, HQ teams and other regional teams on project status, risks, and opportunities.
- Create, coordinate, track, and manage the schedule to ensure that project tasks are completed on time.
- Gather, document, and organize business, functional, and creative requirements for new projects from project stakeholders.
- Liaise with stakeholders within different departments to facilitate communication.
- Supply updates to department leads and executive management on progress.
- Contribute to a positive work environment and a healthy team culture.
- Manage and guide other program managers within the team.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience in a web production role as a project manager, program manager, or a producer
- Remarkable inter-personnel skills and oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong oral and written English and Korean communication skills
- A proven track record of shipping products
- Must have strategic and logical thinking
- Knowledge of development process, project management, and performance management
- A passion for video games and familiar with Blizzard games
- Previous international experience, especially with development and project management.
- Agile development exposure or Scrum Master certification
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Previous programming or technical experience
- Previous experience working in mobile app development
- Passion for PC games (especially Blizzard Entertainment titles)
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top