Senior Production Accountant, BlizzCon
Blizzard Entertainment has been rated by Fortune as one of the "Best Places to Work" for several years running. We are a community of 4,000 global employees who are passionate about not only gaming but entertainment and the technology that drives our user's experience.
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a highly-skilled, strategically-minded, and impeccably organized Senior Production Accountant to lead the financial management of Blizzard’s epic live experience, BlizzCon.
This Senior Production Accountant is responsible for supervising, managing, and reporting on the BlizzCon budget and providing strategic decision-making support to BlizzCon leadership and partners. The ideal candidate will understand both project accounting and corporate accounting, be able to easily translate data from one structure to another and will excel at complex problem-solving and collaboration. Strong systems thinking capabilities and critical thinking are a must - along with a sense of humor and passion for creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever.
- Build, manage, and analyze a highly complex project budget spanning 30+ internal departments and 500+ external partners, ensuring all expenditures support or further the goals of BlizzCon and other projects
- Analyze, track, and report on real-time projects with a focus on BlizzCon spending through the lens of project accounting as well as corporate accounting
- Enhance, implement, and manage BlizzCon’s and other project's cost monitoring systems, tools, and coding
- Create and present financial and operational reports along with strategic solutions and next steps
- Partner with production accountant to safeguard all project spending through detailed and careful reconciliation of expenses and management of on-site adjustments
- Support production account and business operations team with vendor management and negotiations
- Reconcile prepaid cards and corporate credit cards as needed
- Work with production accountant to execute and manage the actualization of project budgets on a weekly basis
- 7+ years of experience in senior production accounting or project accounting role
- Proven experience managing schedules and project resources to achieve desired results on time
- Understanding of Broadcast, Events, or Production needs and challenges
- Expert abilities in Microsoft Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Exceptional attention to detail as well as the ability to see the big picture
- Impeccable organizational, prioritization, and time-management abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well interpersonal skills
- Adaptable to changing business needs and expanded project requirements
- Self-starting, self-motivated personality who thrives in fast-paced environments
- Love of learning and growing
- MBA from Top University
- Proficient in Showbiz Budgeting
- Passion for Esports and Gaming
- Experience working as a Production Accountant in the Esports or Gaming Industry
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top